Posted on November 20, 2016
Wow. It has been a while since my last post, and this post doesn’t include the newest outfit I wore either; however, something about watching Sex and the City compelled me to write. I think watching Carrie write her sex columns reminded me about my blog, and it reminded me how much I enjoy sharing my thoughts, via HauteRice.com in this example.
We all know Sex and the City ended in January, 2004, which was more than a decade ago. If you haven’t seen it, then you, Patrick Star, are living under a rock.
John Atkinson will help you get ready for Game of Thrones, season 6, with his handy (and hilarious!) character generator.
There are no links for the products this time, because you can buy any of these products at your local grocery store, drugstore, Ulta, etc.
- e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator
- e.l.f. Lip Primer and Plumpler
- NYX Slim Lip Pencil: nude beige ($3-$5) hot red ($3-$5)
- NYX Slide On Lip Pencil: summer tease ($6-$8)
- Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Lipstick: nude embrace ($5-$6) craving coral ($5-$6) siren in scarlet ($5-$6)
I found myself Googling images of matte lipstick since Kylie released her lipstick/lipgloss line. No, I did not purchase any of her lipsticks, but I never realized how elegant lipstick actually looks on women.
As a real estate agent, I have the luxury of dressing business casual- and more on the casual end of the spectrum compared to corporate business casual. For work, I often pair a blazer with jeans, a skirt, or a dress; I have this unholy obsession with blazers, so you will all see many outfits topped with some form of a blazer.
This outfit is from a few days ago, after meeting with a client. And yes, I’ve worn the same heels for the past few posts now- deal with it, these heels are adorable.
Next up: Possible look into my closet full of blazers; however, I suppose I’ll actually have to clean it…
Back to Basics in Seersucker Attire:
- White Dress by Joie (Size XS): Similar (here), (here), or (here)
- Banana Republic Factory Seersucker Blazer (Size 0): Similar (here) and (here)
- SJP ‘Pola’ Pointy Toe Pump (Size 8): Refer to “The Urban Suit” post for similar links (here)
- Tory Burch Envelope Clutch in Yellow: Similar (here) or check out their website (here)
Well it’s been a little over a week since my latest post. Sorry ’bout that.
I just finished a big project (the night before it’s due date) and I feel like I have lifted so much weight off my shoulders; I still have a lot of school work ahead of me as the semester comes to an end. I should probably stop procrastinating… but it won’t happen.
Now that my latest project is over, what better way to celebrate than bankrupting myself? Exactly, there is no better way.
My walk-in closet is a hot mess right now, but no time to clean it due to all these essays; however, I found my sparkly Vince Camuto jacket-blazer-thing in a box stuffed with blankets.
I don’t know why I stuffed it there, and I wonder what else is hidden in the abyss of my closet. My cat likes to venture into my closet because it’s like a endless mountain of clothes and boxes she can climb.
Anyways, I took my Camuto jacket-blazer-thing out shopping and even took it for a spin around campus- particularly around the Performing Arts Center.
I’m Feeling Sparkly Attire:
- Vince Camuto Jacket-Blazer-Thing (Size 0): Similar (here), (here), or (here)
- BKE Boutique Lace Shirt from Buckle (Size XS): Found (here)
- Nicole Miller Legging/Pant (Size S): Similar (Here)
- Beaded Collar Necktie from Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th : Similar (here) or you can refer to my other post (here)
- SJP ‘Pola’ Pointy Toe Pump (Size 8): Refer to last post for similar links (here)
- Michael Kors Tote: Similar (here, here, or here)
I’ve had this obsession with rompers and jumpsuits lately; however, my boyfriend doesn’t understand the appeal. He says, “Jumpsuits are for artists and painters.” I guess I can’t expect my southern frat daddy to understand fashion.
I mean, I don’t question his need for pastel colored shirts, so he shouldn’t question the jumpsuit.
Urban Suit Attire:
- Romeo & Juliet Surplice Tie-Front Crepe Jumpsuit in Beige (Size S): Found (here) and Found in Black (here)
- SJP ‘Pola’ Pointy Toe Pump (Size 8): Similar (here) or (here)
- R. J. Graziano Ribbon & Chain Necklace: Found (here)
- Deux Lux Clutch: Similar (here)
Who says you can’t wear black panty hose beyond fall and winter?
I’ve always learned that nude panty hose are for spring and summer, while black is for fall and winter; in this case, I broke the rule and wore black.
My evening “Fancy Shmancy” attire is a shimmery gold skirt overlaying a green silk button up and black pullover. The skirt can be worn at the hips as well, but I decided to use a belt to hold the skirt above my waist and give it the “paper bag” look.
I love high waisted paper bag skirts and shorts because it’s a flattering look.
Bee tee dubs, I don’t know if there’s an official way to spell “schmancy.”
Fancy Shmancy Attire:
- BCBGMaxazria Gold Skirt (Size 0): Similar in silver (here) or in gold (here)
- Worthington Black Pullover from JCPenny (Size XS): Similar (here)
- Beaded Collar Necktie from Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th : Similar (here)
- Equipment Silk Button Down in Green from Neiman Marcus (Size S): Similar (here)
- Cole Hann Belt from Cole Haan (Size XS): Similar (here)
- Black Panty Hose
- Green SJP Strappy Heels from Nordstrom Rack (Size 8): Similar (here)
I didn’t feel like straightening my curly locks today, so I cut my wild hair loose.
I’ve been on a Mad Men Netflix binge lately, and Betty Draper’s (or Francis) equestrian look has inspired me.
I found a scenic view on campus at Texas State University for today’s shoot, so no trespassing today.
Equestrian Prep Attire:
- Free People Hannah Necktie Blouse (Size XS): Found on sale (here)
- Free People Tie Shorts: From Nordstrom Rack (Size XS): Similar (here)
- Brooks Brothers Wool Vest (Size 4): Similar (here)
- Louis Vuitton Tote (old): Similar (here)
- Steve Madden Tanngoo Wedges in Taupe: Similar (here)